RSS Feed

getting there

There’s this online group of friends that I have been watching.  I’m reading their blogs and enjoying the camaraderie between them.  I’ve commented on a few of those blogs, but mostly I’ve just been watching.  Some of them know I’m there.  They’ve acknowledged my comments with comments back.  One even emailed me questioning my interest in the group.  I admitted that I could actually join their group.  I was qualified, but in order to protect the innocent I couldn’t.  I could only watch and learn.

Last night I was in a funk.  I was sad and mad and frustrated.  Though I’ve started down the path toward this group I feel like it’s a slow crawl.  I want to stand up and run as fast as I can toward that place.  The only problem is that I would be running over a whole lot of people who don’t deserve the trampling.

Last night I left my house and stayed elsewhere so I wouldn’t trample on the innocent.  I came back this morning feeling centered and full.  Elsewhere does that.  Elsewhere reminds me of what I want and what it takes to get there.  Elsewhere removes the stones from the road.  Elsewhere makes the path smooth.  Elsewhere shows me the light at the end of the tunnel.  Elsewhere makes the path straight.  Oh, wait…definitely not straight.  I’ll get there.  😉

Advertisements

8 responses »

1. Hi!

You can’t just sit back .. no no, we won’t have it. Embrace our craziness. We won’t bite .. err .. we won’t bite hard!

2. You are who you are, and seems to me you have stepped onto the path of wholeness. I’m not in “the group,” but know that I am totally behind you on this one!

3. midlifenatalie

dawg – thanks for the visit. one of these days i’ll be a full fledged member. i’ve actually been around since before the creation of the group. when the group was christened with the name i lamented the fact that i couldn’t be a charter member. i will get there though. not yet…but soon. gotta do a few things first!

secret agent woman – i so appreciate your support. so many people have been supportive in these early stages. i know i will be losing quite a few friends as i go through this process, but i can also see that i will be gaining so much more. it will be worth it!

4. we love you.

5. midlifenatalie

rocket…you have no idea how much that means to me! thank you. from the bottom of my heart i thank you.

6. Natalie, thanks for sharing this blog with me. You have my support. Email me if you ever need to vent.

J

7. i can’t wait for you to be a full-fledged part of our fabulous group.
    we welcome you with open arms!

8. Well maybe it’s because I’m reading backwards and I didn’t want to make any assumptions, but I was beginning to suspect it and this post finally nailed it for me and I finally get it and I guess I’m not a member of “the group”, but I’m still supporting you 100%. Unless, of course, as I keep reading, I find that you’ve murdered the UPS guy or something. Then you’d better have a good excuse or I’m leaving.

Looks like you’ve made some decisions that require some people to pick sides.

I pick yours.