1. What does it say about me that I would rather wait at a light to take my turn than have to decide when to merge into oncoming traffic? There are two particular places that come to mind where I routinely choose to sit through a couple of lights rather than go the shorter way because of this.
2. In April of 2008 my grandmother passed away. I bought waterproof mascara as a precautionary measure and have since only used waterproof mascara. I started crying that month, and for some strange reason I cry all the time now. At silly commercials, my daughters’ program at school (which wasn’t even a tear jerker), over a dirty bathtub, and at countless other noncrying moments. Happy, sad, frustrated, mad, hopeful, wistful, sleepy, bored. It doesn’t even matter. The faucet turned on and now it leaks.
3. I start work on Monday. This week was a flurry of getting background checks and filling out paperwork and getting fingerprinted. My principal just called me and said to be there Monday at 8am. I am pretty sure I’ll arrive a tad bit earlier than that. I have no idea what I’m supposed to teach so I need to get a look at those lesson plans!
4. My train of thought jumped the track, and now I can’t remember what other random thoughts I was having. Oh well.
5. There’s more to my story, but I’m not sure when I’ll have time to write it. I’m going out of town for the weekend, and I start work on Monday. I’m not sure how much time I’ll have next week to sit down and think through what’s next. If you are interested I would suggest starting at the beginning of my blog. Bits and pieces are told here. Part 4 of my story took place in the spring of last year, and I started this blog in June. You can read about me telling my parents, my sister’s reaction, Fleur de lis, and much more just by starting at the beginning of this blog. It’s like those Star Wars movies. I told the end first.