RSS Feed

a first

This past week I was able to participate in an event of epic proportions.  I attended a nonsigning on Bossy’s (no)Book Tour.  Because of the monumental nature of the event I have decided to do something that I’ve never done here on this blog.  Get ready because for the first time in the history of Midlifenatalie I am going to post pictures of myself.  Pictures of myself with some of my adoring fans.  Wait…I mean pictures of myself with some blogger types I stalk on a regular basis.

Here you have me with the one and only Bossy.

Chookooloonks was a beautiful and gracious hostess.

And there was The Bloggess…a personal favorite of mine.  She’s funny and fabulous.

Now wait a darn minute.  Looking back at this picture now I can see that she was mocking me with her phone.  I can just hear her now.  “Look at my fancy, shmancy phone.  My phone’s better than your phone.  Like where did you get that thing?  Your grandma’s house?”

Seems like everyone was mocking my sweet little flip phone all night long.  The other phones gathered around and taunted her.  Called her names.  She was so sad that she didn’t ring all night.  No messages or phone calls.  Depression set in.  And things between us haven’t been the same since.

I blame the Bloggess.

Advertisements

9 responses »

1. I’m so sorry that your phone felt left out! If it makes you feel any better, mine didn’t ring, either. I also don’t have a cover as cool as some of the others, either.

Great to meet you; let’s do it again!

2. So bummed I couldn’t make it out!!! Glad you had a blast!

3. what a great time!
    you look gorgeous, little lady!

4. Hi. I’ve been reading your blog for a few months now. I have enjoyed your candor and honesty.

I’m jealous that you got to meet those bloggers–especially Bossy. I’m here in Houston right now!

5. I so adore you. Just got to a computer to read this. You are awesome and so is your phone.

6. You could use Jenny as an excuse for everything: it’s raining, I blame The Blogess; I didn’t get a promotion, I blame The Blogess, etc. I’m sure Jenny wouldn’t mind at all.

7. My phone would feel left out too even though it’s an iPhone – I don’t have a colorful protector like they do – mine’s just your garden variety black case. 🙂

8. Ahh, the lovely Bossy. And I’ve seen pictures of you before. 😉

9. I just stopped by to see how you’re doing and from the photos…you’re doing well. I’m glad you got to spend some time with my Stalkee, Bossy.