1. Some flavors of gourmet jelly beans do not go well with other. When I wanted to try a strawberry and lemon together to see if it tasted like strawberry lemonade I accidentally ate a cinnamon and a lemon. Not a good combination.
2. Many people have no idea what celebrating 4/20 means. I didn’t know the meaning of 420 until 2009 and this year, for the first time, I heard people actually talking about celebrating. Most days I still wish I was clueless about some things.
3. I AM able to start a fire from the banked, almost out embers of a fire from the night before after much coaxing, smoke inhalation and 30 minutes. I refused to give in to the lighter, matches, and lighter fluid. And I conquered! (We went camping.)
4. I do have some class. The other day in the drive through line at the pharmacy I was dressed in sweat shorts and a t-shirt the same shade of heather gray as the shorts. I was starving and had gone through the drive through at KFC a few minutes before. I decided to chow down while I waited my turn in line. Just before I lifted the hot wing to my lips I glanced over at the car next to mine in line. Mercedes, dressed for success woman, hair perfected coifed, staring straight at me. I smiled and slowly slid the fried hot wing back into the bag and held out until I was driving away. I didn’t make it all the way home before I cleaned that wing though.
5. I love Shakira. I always liked her before, but I am enjoying her immensely on The Voice. She just seems like a fresher version of Christina, who I also enjoy. And I love the singer Caroline who was on Team Blake but has now become part of Team Adam, who I also love, by the way. Lots of love over here!